Thank you for visiting this site. Your comments are welcome.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
-> About 30% of U.S. military veterans used some form of tobacco product during 2010-2015.
-> Veterans are more likely to develop health conditions, certain cancers, and mental illnesses than non-veterans
-> These conditions can also lead to poor oral health problems
NewMouth was created to keep the public, including veterans, educated about current dental care practices, oral health basics, and how to find the best treatment possible.
Our team of medical writers and dentists provide the most up-to-date dental information in every aspect of dentistry.
Our goal is to be a one-stop-shop for all of your dental and oral health needs! For more info, see links below:
How Can Serving In The Military Impact Your Oral Health?
Types of Dentures & Causes for Treatment
Types of Dental Implants & How They Work
- Supporting health & healing of over 15,000 service members, veterans, family members & caretakers in U.S. and abroad
- Offering Warriors at Ease Adaptive Yoga Teacher Training in North Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, the Bahamas, and Hawaii
- Offering yoga and meditation retreats to warriors and their families
- Providing yoga teacher training scholarships to veterans and military spouses as part of our new Train, Teach & Transform program made possible by a grant from the Bob Woodruff Foundation
- Serving on the George W. Bush Institute’s Health and Well-being Task Force and helping to develop an action plan to drive improved outcomes for veterans and their families
- Working with Department of Defense and Department of Veterans Affairs to integrate Warriors at Ease teachers into military and veteran settings
See website for resources for Military,Teachers and Research
Warriors at Ease yoga and meditation teacher training is based on principles and practices that are
1) evidenced-based, 2) trauma sensitive, and 3) military culture
NATIONAL VETERANS WELLNESS AND HEALING CENTER
Retreats and Local Self-Care for Veterans and their Partners.
PTS is an anxiety disorder that can develop after a terrifying event in which the person was physically harmed or felt threatened. Symptoms can range from flashbacks to problem drinking and beyond.
The natural setting of Angel Fire in the Sangre de Cristo mountains is the perfect location to bring couples to a place where healing in nature is optimal. The Veteran couples experience Native American hand washing ceremony and storytelling of the warrior culture. These retreats are only possible with the help from our generous donors and grant funding.
National Veterans Wellness and Healing Center of Angel Fire, Inc.
P.O. Box 805
Angel Fire, NM 87710
(575) 377 5236
These retreats are only possible with the help from our generous donors and grant funding.
Veterans: PTSD and Addiction
Yoga For Post Traumatic Stress
Yoga Warriors International is a training program for yoga teachers and mental health professionals; teaching them to assist Military, Veterans, First Responders on their journey with trauma.
501c3 non-profit organization dedicated to helping others. We have five divisions warriors, rehabilitation, special needs, education, and missions. Our mission is to build, equip, and empower others to be people who will continually BE STEEL:
Believe, Expand, Stand, Transform, Encourage, Enlighten, and Love around the world
Iraq And Afghanistan Veterans Of America (IAVA)
Finding Good Treatment Can Save Your Life
Videos, Stories, Forums ... Help
There is an online yoga study currently available with the University of S. Florida and in conjunction with an organization called Yoga for Men. Male and female participants with certain requirements are encouraged to apply for free access to this project. This is great news as it will add to advancing the benefits of yoga in mainstream healing practices.